Q: What is a “management company,” what do they do, and how do I reach them?

A: A management company is contracted by the Board of Directors to provide such services as: Collection of assessments, supervision of subcontractors, obtaining bids for subcontracted services, providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as a general clearing house for problem solving, communications with homeowners and the Board of Directors and to serve in an advisor capacity. The management company reports directly to the Board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors. The management company may be reached online through the Contacts page on this website or by phone from the numbers listed on the Contacts page on this site.

Q: What is a homeowner’s association?

A: It is a non-profit corporation registered with the State and managed by a duly elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to maintain all common areas and to govern the community in accordance with the provision of the legal documents: Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Bylaws, and Articles of Incorporation. The governing legal documents for your association may be viewed online within the Documents page of this site. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the homeowners association. Membership is both automatic and mandatory.

Q: What are the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions?

A: The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions are the governing legal documents that set up the guidelines for the operation of the planned community as a non-profit corporation. The Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions were recorded by the County recorder’s office of the County in which the property is located and are included in the title to your property. Failure to abide by the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions may result in a fine to a homeowner by the Association. The governing legal documents for your association may be viewed online within this site.

Q: What happens if an property owner violates the Covenants, Conditions, and/or Restrictions?

A: Homeowner Management notifies the property owners, in most cases, by leaving a notice on the front door of the home, but always a letter is mailed certified to the property owners address on file; mailing fee is charged to the property owner. The property owner is to take immediate steps to correct the notice. Refer to your covenants for failure to comply and time restraints listed in the documents section of this website.

Q: What are most common violations?

A: Most violations occur from:

  • Yard maintenance, not cutting the grass, not picking up trash, not putting adequate ground cover down, not keeping shrubbery trimmed, etc.
  • Garbage cans per most covenants must be stored “out of sight”.
  • Play equipment per most covenants must be stored “out of sight” when not in use.
  • Vehicles in most covenants must be parked on concrete surfaces not the street or sidewalks or grass areas. The vehicle must be licensed and in working condition if not parked in the garage. Be very careful here, the time restraints are normal shorter than it takes to get a notice in mail. The vehicle will be towed at the owners expense.
  • Fences approvals are required before a homeowner builds a fence, refer to the documents section for a copy of the form.
  • Storage buildings built without approval. Refer to your covenants (most are not allowed), but if yours does, Submit a letter or email describing your request.
  • Signage – “For Sale” signs (18″ X 18″) may be placed in the front yard of most covenants, but “For Rent” or “For Lease” or “Lease Purchase” signs can only be placed in the window of the home, which is approved by most board of directors. All other signage must be approved by the ARB. Submit a letter or email describing your request.
  • Animals not being fenced, running loose, or not picking up behind them.
  • Antennas are only allowed on the back side of the roof behind the middle eve. No antennas are allowed beyond half way of the middle of the house. No antenna visible from the road. NO Antenna larger than 36″ in diameter.

Q: What are the Bylaws?

A: The Bylaws are the guidelines for the operation of the non-profit corporation. The Bylaws define the duties of the various offices of the Board of Directors, the terms of the Directors, the membership’s voting rights, required meetings and notices of meetings, and the principal office of the Association, as well as other specific items that are necessary to run the Association as a business. The Bylaws for your association may be viewed online within this site.

Q: What is the Board of Directors?

A: The Homeowner’s Association again is a corporation and therefore a governing body that is required to oversee its business. The Board of Directors is elected by the homeowners, or as otherwise specified in the bylaws. The limitation and restrictions of the powers of the Board of Directors is outlined in your association governing documents found on this site.

Q: Are there any other rules?

A: Most associations have developed Rules and Regulations as adopted by the Board of Directors. Rules are established to provide direction to the homeowners for common courtesies with regard to parking, vehicles, pets, pool use, pool hours, etc. In addition, your Association will adopt Architectural Guidelines with procedures for submitting requests to make exterior changes to your home. Such changes may include fences, patio covers, decks, landscaping, exterior color changes or extensive interior changes and additions. These rules and guidelines are set up to maintain the aesthetic value and integrity of the community on behalf of all owners, and hopefully protect the market value of your investment as well. Violations of these rules may result in action by the Board of Directors and a fine. In addition, if you proceed with an exterior improvement or change, without written approval of the Board of Directors, or Architectural Committee, as applicable, you will be required to remove or correct the alteration and/or be fined for the violation. View the Document section for your community, Board Adopted Rules and Regulations (BARR)

Q: If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Policies and Guidelines, what can I do?

A: If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Policies and Guidelines, you may send email notification to the homeowners association. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Policies and Guidelines, the Board of Directors will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.

Q: What is my assessment?

A: The assessment is the periodic amount due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due on the 15th of the month. Statements will be sent for assessments as a reminder of the amount due.

Q: What happens if I don’t pay my assessment?

A: The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due on the first of the month. In addition, the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions allow the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for nonpayment of assessments. Access to Admenities are denied.

Q: I lost my access card to the pool, or I have concerns about the pool. Who do I contact?

A: Contact Homeowner Management LLC via email and your request will be handled accordingly. There is a $35 fee for a replacement card, and remember, only one card per household.

Q: My light pole on my street is out?

A: Most light poles have a number on them. The property owner can request the light pole be repaired by calling the utility company which provides power to your home. The property owner provides the power company the light pole number, subdivsion and street name. Be patient, if the light pole has not been repaired in two weeks call them back to see if it has been schedule for maintenance.

Q: I need some Lawn care tips?

A: Having a green lawn is most homeowner’s dream. By knowing what treatments should be applied to your lawn and at what time of the year, you can achieve a beautiful lawn with very little effort. Calendar Guideline for your basic lawn care needs (the following recommendations provided by Pike Nursery.)
January 15 – February 15 Apply Post-emergent for winter weeds/grasses
February 15 – March 15 Apply Pre-emergent for crabgrass control
March 15 – April 1 Apply Line if necessary (call your county’s cooperative Extension office) & Apply post-emergent to weeds that have come up.
April Scalp Bermuda Apply fertilizer with nitrogen/slow release
May Apply post -emergent weed killer
June Apply fungicide as a preventative measure
July Apply second application of fertilizer with nitrogen/slow release
August Apply insecticide for flee/grub control
September 1-October1 Apply pre-emergent of weed control for spring
October 1 – November 15 Apply winterize fertilizer
If in doubt contact a professional company.